Global Vessel Operator
Höegh Autoliners is one of the world’s leading Ro/Ro operators, and we operate approximately 50 vessels in 12 trade routes in global trade systems alone or in partnerships, with about 3,000 port calls annually. We are also engaged in regional trade directly or in Joint Ventures in Europe and the Americas, engaging 16 vessels in 7 regional trade routes.
With a fleet designed for maximum flexibility, we are able to cater for a wide variety of cargo. Our customers range from global vehicle manufacturers to producers of high and heavy construction equipment and other rolling and non-rolling stock. Höegh Autoliners is also a leading carrier of second-hand vehicles.
Our focus is always with our customers and we consciously position ourselves as close to our primary markets as possible. Höegh Autoliners has its head office in Oslo and manages a global network of around 20 offices, owner's representatives and agents. The Company has approximately 440 employees ashore and 1500 seafarers. Höegh Autoliners is privately owned by Leif Höegh & Co (61.25 per cent) and A.P.Møller – Maersk (38.75 per cent)
Höegh Autoliners in Oslo is seeking a Global Vessel Operator to plan, execute and monitor efficient global operations of assigned vessels. The Global Vessel Operator works in close cooperation with Trade, Tonnage Allocation, Regional Vessels Operation, Chartering and Vessels.
- Establish schedules considering all commercial parameters.
- Maintain schedule templates
- Plan, manage and execute contingency plans to meet up to trade/system requirements including deviation analysis.
- Cooperate with bunker purchasers for optimal bunker planning
- Canal transit decisions
- Communicate voyage and speed instructions
- Monitor actual schedule and speed
- Monitor and improve voyage execution and vessel performance KPIs
- Review working programs provided by Regional operations teams
- Central link towards Trade/Systems/Vessels/Bunker Purchasers to ensure optimal bunker consumption
- Degree in Business/Maritime studies
- Experience from vessel operations
- Experience and knowledge of the shipping industry
- Strong team player
- Proficiency in English, excellent communication skills in an international environment
- Analytical, structured and solutions oriented
- Commercial mindset
- High level of integrity
- Demanding and rewarding tasks in an international work environment
- A challenging position
- Career opportunities within a strong and well-respected shipping company
Work Location: Oslo
Deadline for application: 2 March 2018
Please send your application, including your CV via the "Apply" button with reference "Global Vessel Operator” in the subject field.
Contact info: Christian Dahll, Head of Vessel Operations, +47 40039670.
More search results
Customer Service Manager, Montreal
Spinnaker Global Ltd.
Chartering Manager (f/m/d)
CONTCHART GmbH & Co. KG
Physical Crude Oil Operator – Trading Company
Chartering Manager (dry bulk)
Trading Company in one of the Baltic states
Vessel Operator/Operations Manager