Head of Claims and Controls (Singapore-based)
Join us in our quest to become Best on Water
BW Pacific is a leading ship owner and operator with a substantial fleet of product tankers. The Company has a solid history in competent chartering, operations and technical management to offer customers the best solution to their transportation needs. BW Pacific is a joint venture formed by BW Group and PAG (Pacific Alliance Group), and owns a fleet of more than 45 product tankers in the LR2, LR1 and MR segments including newbuildings. The Company has a global presence with offices in Singapore, Copenhagen and Houston.
Embark on a career with one of the world’s leading product tanker companies. Join us as:
HEAD OF CLAIMS AND CONTROLS
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated and inspiring leader, with focus on driving the Claims and Controls team performance to achieve results, as well as being an active hands-on team-player. This role offers an opportunity which will be challenging and fun. You will be a role model for the team and have an immense opportunity to impact the path of BW Pacific globally and the strategic direction of the Claims and Controls team.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Responsible globally for all vessel claims, demurrages and hires in BW Pacific
- Lead the Claims team as well as being hands-on to calculate and raise demurrage and other miscellaneous claims associated with vessel employment
- Review, build and maintain claim methodologies, processes and procedures that will optimize our claims handling
- Reduce operational gaps and processes to ensure operational efficiency; optimise gains from process improvements
- Manage our internal and external stakeholders with persistency and resilience
- Collaborate with our Chartering, Operations, Accounting, Insurance and many other departments to streamline our processes and ensure fast turnaround of claims
- Assist Chartering and Operations with feedback on commercial terms, identify issues and provide solutions
- Oversee activities to ensure all claims and revenues are raised per charter-party terms within time barred period
- Responsible for the Controls team; to ensure we achieve high standards and keep stringent governance for our global departments
- Responsible for risk controlling, elimination and mitigation
- Ensure collection of all invoices, following BW Pacific escalation process
- Prepare, analyse and review various reports
- Interact with our customers to expedite claims settlement. This entails aligning perspectives on claims, ensuring correctness, negotiation and dispute resolutions via internal legal department or defence club.
Your Qualifications and our Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor Degree in Maritime studies, Maritime law, Finance or related discipline
- 10 years of industry experience, preferably within the product tankers segment
- 5 years of proven performance in leading teams and being a role model for the team
- A proven leader and people manager with strong ability to develop, support, challenge, motivate and coach the team
- Strong and good negotiation skills
- An expert in charter-party standard formats and general claims handling
- Strong interpersonal skills and solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commercial aptitude and good working knowledge of Maritime law
- Naturally you are analytical and good with numbers
Our Vision is to become Best on Water. If you are a match for our requirements and up for the challenge, please email your detailed resume stating your current, expected remuneration and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Head of Claims and Controls”.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.