Technical Superintendent (tankers), Athens
Due to continued growth and expansion an established shipowner located in Athens is looking to hire a Technical Superintendent with a tanker background to join their experienced technical department.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the safe and economic operation of the vessels
- Implement and monitoring compliance
- Oversee performance, technical and operational condition of the vessels
- Financial management
- Organise repairs and dry dockings
- Ensure ships are fully certified according to international standards
- Prepare technical reports
- Providing support to the onboard management for technical and operational matters
To be a suitable candidate you should have previous experience working as a Technical Superintendent within a shipowner or shipmanagement company managing tankers. In additional you should have seagoing experience sailing as a senior engineering rank on board tankers or alternatively hold a relevant marine engineering degree qualification.
All applicants must have existing and unrestricted working entitlement for Greece, it is also essential for candidates to speak fluent Greek.