Claims Manager (Oslo-based)
- Western Bulk
- Oslo, Norway
- Attractive package
Western Bulk is seeking a Claims Manager to join our office in Oslo. As Claims Manager you will be providing timely and business critical advice to chartering managers and ship operators located in Oslo, Singapore, Santiago de Chile, Seattle and Casablanca. You will also be liaising with our Club, external lawyers, surveyors and consultants to ensure effective and efficient resolution of claims.
Required qualifications for the position:
- Law Degree. Legal qualification in an English or Common Law jurisdiction is an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Minimum 3 years’ experience handling FD&D and P&I claims working for a shipowner, operator, Club, or law firm
- Seagoing or operational experience is an advantage but not required
- EU/EEA working entitlement or eligibility for same
- Organized and structured person
- Analytical by nature
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Commercially driven with strong negotiating skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
Western Bulk can offer a result-driven, transparent and highly flexible workplace with a flat structure and progressive culture that reflects the Scandinavian heritage of the company.
About the company
Western Bulk is one the world's leading commercial operators in the Handysize to Ultramax segments, running a fleet of about 140 vessels worldwide. The company's 105 employees include 20 different nationalities across our offices in Oslo, Singapore, Santiago de Chile, Seattle and Casablanca.
Through a global trading pattern and operational expertise, Western Bulk seeks to offer flexible, high-quality freight services to its customers. The company is structured around six independent business units that operate as decentralized profit centres, using ships, cargoes and derivatives to create a trading margin through relationships, good vessel operations, directional play and arbitrage in the market. A combination of a strong commercial culture and the use of analytical methods has made Western Bulk into a cutting-edge freight trading company that has an established track record of robust results through the market cycle.
For more information about Western Bulk please visit www.westernbulk.com
More search results
New Business Manager (Permanent)
Sales Manager- France (Permanent)
Chartering Manager / Dry Bulk / Spain
Junior Consultant, Singapore
Halcyon Recruitment Ltd.
Vice President Technical and Nautical Operations …