We are looking for a motivated Operator to join our Dry Cargo division in New York. The successful candidate will be required to manage a variety of post –fixture related duties for the Dry Cargo department.
As a part of the Dry Cargo team you will be responsible for providing administrative support to dry cargo shipbroking team. An ideal candidate would establish effective communication with the clients to provide seamless post fixture service.
- Post fixture Operations for voyage, time charter and contract of affreightment agreements
- Chase and check load and discharge orders and documentation including timely LOIs
- Data entry and maintaining of operations software
- Managing charter party issuance and record keeping
- Completing day to day operational duties
- Coordinate and assist accounting in collecting commissions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity or experience with shipping industry, business terms and laytime calculations ideal but not essential
- 1-2 years of experience in business or shipping related field
- Proficient with Microsoft excel and outlook
- Must have ability to manage busy workloads and deal with complex matters
- Must have a professional demeanour and commercial orientation
- Self-motivated, diligent, reliable and willing to work out of office hours and weekends as required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in fields related to business, supply chain, and transportation preferred
Health care, Dental, Vision, Life Assurance, Long-term disability, 401(k) with company matching contributions.