Senior Compliance Analyst, London
An opportunity to work for a leading shipping and trading company, this newly created position will focus on ensuring that the trading operations are compliant and that the systems and procedures evolve adequately to capture the complexities of the current and new trading areas.
The position will be based in London, but will support the business on a global perspective, key areas of responsibility will include;
- Internal regulations – mapping out different trading areas, implement and update procedures
- Ensure the trading systems platform can capture the complexities of each area of trading, map out requirements and implement and manage
- Set up a regular auditing program for trading activity, producing regular reports for the management team
- Undertake investigation if non-compliance cases are detected, reporting to management and advise of preventative measures to be taken
- Perform a detailed analysis of the background, decision making process and key activities associated with trading losses and/or write offs
- Suggest ongoing preventive measures to be taken – e.g. new systems, adapting procedures
To be suitable for this position you should have a proven background within compliance, with an excellent attention to detail, with the capacity to read contracts, map out processes and put together procedures and implement. In addition you should be a confident and personable individual as you will be required to interact with the traders located across the globe.