Due to continued expansion a leading shipowner within the tanker market requires a Training Superintendent to join their busy HSEQ department in London.
This role will act as the main liaison between the HSEQ department and the crew on board their vessels, this role will involve a high level of international travel worldwide, visiting the ships regularly to undertake safety training requirements.
The role will focus on implementing a strong culture of risk management supported by policies, guidance & training and will involve the following;
- Compiling specific training programs for seagoing training
- Prepare and deliver training requirements for seagoing personnel on board vessels
- Provide input on the annual training plan
- Implement and deliver training on SMS changes and updates
- Provide assistance with the improvement of emergency drills and contingency planning
- Conduct ISM/ISPS/MLC audits
- Monitor and evaluate performance against agreed targets
- Support accident analysis and investigation as and when required
To be a suitable candidate you should have sailing experience at a senior level rank onboard tankers or gas ships with a strong interest and passion for HSEQ and training. You should be a confident individual who can really engage with an audience of crew members to create a strong commitment towards safety and risk management.