Vessel Manager (LNG) - Malaysia Based
Vessel Manager (LNG)
Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group founded in 1861. We have the biggest maritime network in the world, with a presence in over 2,200 locations globally. We serve over half of the worldwide merchant fleet with products and services, and supply crew and technical management for some of the most complex vessels in the world. We also develop new and daring solutions, shaping the maritime industry for the future. Our investments seek to explore and develop new opportunities within the energy-, offshore- and maritime industry. With thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient and environment conscious operation of the vessels assigned, typical 3-5 vessels.
• To ensure vessel/s comply with all relevant rules & regulations with special emphasis on the ISM code, the applicable ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standard as well as flag state, port state and the industry's special
requirements and regulations, and render support to ships as appropriate.
• During the absence of a Vessel Manager, the Fleet Manager in the respective Group assumes the responsibility or delegate another back up vessel manager.
• The Vessel Manager reports to the Fleet Manager and the General Manager as appropriate. The shipboard management of the assigned vessels reports to the Vessel Manager. In matters related to assigned vessels, the Vessel Manager also interrelates with:
• Ship staff in connection with briefing visit, selection and screening.
• Other internal and external support functions
• Owner, class society, insurance handlers and other external bodies.
• The Vessel Manager interrelates with assigned Project Team from Docking and Special Projects group for matters related to his vessel Docking Projects
• Technical/maritime qualifications with seagoing experience as Chief Engineer on LNG vessels.
• Maritime degree with Shore based experience as vessel manager of LNG vessels.
• Experience of LNG FSRU’s will be advantageous.
• Good command of oral and written English.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Environmental focused
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills in order to develop close relationships with shipboard staff, vessel owners, charterers as well as internal and external support functions.
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving & Decision Making
• Team Commitment
• Creativity & Innovation
Work location will be Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.