BERNHARD SCHULTE SHIPMANAGEMENT
As part of one of the world's leading ship management companies, Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (British Isles) Limited is involved in the management of over one hundred vessels of all types including oil, chemical and product tankers, LPG and LNG carriers, and FPSOs.
We currently have a vacancy within our UK office for the following roles:
Responsible for the safe, efficient and economical management of a fleet of at least 4 vessels. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Ensure reliable and efficient operation of all equipment and machinery of assigned vessels.
• Ensure compliance with the Planned Maintenance Schedule for assigned vessels.
• Completion of Technical Inspections and detailed inspection reports which include assessment and appraisal of Senior Officers.
• Responsible for creation, negotiation and control of vessels operation expenditure budget, including detailed, monthly, quarterly and end of year financial reporting.
• Responsible for prompt and detailed reporting to Owners representatives.
• Close collaboration with fleet team personnel and commercial managers for the assigned vessels to ensure viability of proposed cargo operations and any other cargo related matters.
• Implementation and enforcement of corrective and preventative actions raised as a result of vessel inspections and audits.
• Ensure vessels are fully certified at all times and in compliance with all Class, Statutory Survey requirements and International regulations.
• Responsible for creation of Dry Dock Specifications, Yard Tendering, Management of spares and services in collaboration with Owners and fleet team personnel.
• Fully familiar with and able to demonstrate compliance with company procedures as part of day to day operations and during audits.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates must hold a Class 1 or Class 2 Certificate of Competency and have previous experience as Chief Engineer or Technical Superintendent. Candidates must be able to demonstrate operational experience with LPG/LNG or chemical tankers.
In addition to the requirement for technical expertise, candidates should demonstrate excellent communication skills, be computer literate, and possess good organisational and administrative skills. Candidate must be fluent in English.
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Posting date: 6th April 2018
Closing date: 3rd May 2018
Please forward applications, including a full C.V. and salary expectations to:
Stacey Smallridge at firstname.lastname@example.org