BERNHARD SCHULTE SHIPMANAGEMENT
As part of one of the world's leading ship management companies, Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (British Isles) Limited is involved in the management of over one hundred vessels of all types including oil, chemical and product tankers, LPG and LNG carriers, and FPSOs.
We currently have a vacancy within our UK office for the following roles:
Responsible for the safe, efficient and economical management of a fleet of at least 4 vessels.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for overseeing the overall safety, nautical and commercial operation of assigned vessels, ensuring the timely and accurate completion of voyage planning and cargo loading, carriage and discharging activities.
• In collaboration with fleet team personnel, ensure that all assigned vessels possess the required statutory certification for safe operation in accordance with Class, Port State Control and Flag State requirements, maritime legislation, safety regulations and operational standards.
• Completion of vessel inspections as prescribed by company SMS and international regulations.
• Completion of pre-vetting preparation, including internal SIRE inspections and risk assessments.
• Ensure compliance with company and commercial requirements for ISPS on assigned vessels including HRA transit and arrangement of armed guards in collaboration with the CSO.
• Review and response to external inspection reports including but not limited to SIRE, CDI, PSC, Flag State, Internal and External Audits.
• Implementation and enforcement of corrective and preventative actions raised as a result of vessel inspections and audits.
• Fully familiar with and able to demonstrate compliance with company procedures as part of day to day operations and during audits.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates must hold a Class 1 or Class 2 Certificate of Competency, and have previous experience as Master or Marine Superintendent. Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience with LPG/LNG or chemical tankers.
In addition to the requirement for technical expertise, candidates should demonstrate excellent communication skills, be computer literate, and possess good organisational and administrative skills. Candidate must be fluent in English.
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Posting date: 6th April 2018
Closing date: 3rd May 2018
Please forward applications, including a full C.V. and salary expectations to:
Stacey Smallridge at email@example.com