Chemical Ship Operator
We are looking for an experienced Operator to join our Specialised Products division in London. The successful candidate will be required to manage a variety of post –fixture related duties for Specialised Products transactions.
- Review demurrage claims, invoices and submit them to customers.
- Follow up on claims, assist in resolving disputes to achieve prompt settlement.
- Provide analysis for key contractual customers.
- Input data on voyage sheets, check freight / hire invoices.
- Chase and check load and discharge orders and documentation including timely LOIs.
- Liaise with accounts with regards to issuance of commission invoice and subsequent payment.
- Knowledge of shipping and trading practices with claims / operations experience.
- An understanding of laytime calculations and ability to produce these.
- Attention to detail is essential, as well as a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel + Outlook.
- Fluent written and spoken English with excellent attention to detail.
- A good telephone manner and strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, diligent, reliable and willing to work out of office hours and weekends as required.
Although experience within the Chemical markets would be ideal, it is not essential.
What we offer:
We provide a small, close-knit and dynamic team environment, idyllic waterside office location, Interest free season ticket loans, free lunch in company canteen, life assurance and pension.