Marine Advisor - Shipping Specialist - Switzerland
This is a great role with who is interested in using his or her Maritime, Vetting, Networking, and Business Development Skills. Our Client has a fleet of owned and operated vessels, with both time-charters and spot-charters. You will provide assurance in vessel design, procurement, operations, chartering, and out, and a wide range of other skills as well.
Role synopsis The purpose of this role is to provide specialist marine assurance expertise to operations and projects, as appropriate.
You will be required to liaise closely with the Marine Team and represent the Shipping Team as required at marine related events and committees, both within and outside the Company.
We are looking for a shipping specialist that is close to the assets (ships) – who has been on ships, from ship management/ or a ship engineer to help with adverse selection of top vessels.
You will be responsible for conducting due diligence on the vessel/owners and company and to compile inspection reports and to look after the portfolio/trading/budgets/maintenance.
- Understand an inspection report
- Which Chinese yards are good or what the discount should be between a Japanese built Supramax and a Chinese built one of similar age and spec.
- Negotiated a technical management agreement
- Contacts to get answers to what we need to understand to negotiate a good contract
- Organized a crew change
- Experience with a crew change or an enforcement action.
- Experience of taking over a second-hand vessel in an S&P transaction
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Shipping/Maritime community.
- Carry out vessel and terminal owner assessments on behalf of the Company.
- Perform marine assurance or vetting assessments as needed.
- Network with Industry Shareholders, Classification, and Ship Managers.
- Participate in marine accident investigations.
- Master Mariner/Chief Officer, or Chief Engineer on Tankers, Bulkers, or equivalent professional marine qualification.
- Strong knowledge of Tanker, Bulker, Other Operations, and Safety Culture.
- Experience of a shipping background with substantial experience in shipboard operations/management.
Preferred but not required;
- Marine Oil terminal operating experience and Vetting skills.
- Maritime experience and/or warranty surveying.
- Knowledge of SIRE and OCIMF processes and procedures.
- A plus would be in having shipboard audit and assessments of vessels.
- Knowledge of project planning processes.
Key Words: Oil Tanker,Chemical Tanker, LNG, LPG, Vetting, SIRE, Master, Master Mariner, Chief Officer, Second Officer, Flagship, Chief Engineer, HSE, HSSE, HSEQ, Marine Assurance, MTA, Terminal, Marine Advisor, Oil Major, Ship Owner, Rotterdam, Sailing, Shipboard, Marine, Maritime, Maritime Recruiter.