Marine Operations Manager (Tanker/Dry), London
An opportunity to work for a highly respected shipowner organisation with a large mixed fleet of dry cargo and tanker vessels which is continuing to grow and expand.
This role will focus on managing the day to day vessel operations for short and long-term charters, ensuring smooth operations, whereby the performance is safe, efficient and profitable.
Key responsibilities will include the following;
- Liaise with vessel Masters and with third party managers on all necessary operational matters
- Liaise with the technical department on cargo management improvements and optimisation
- Oversee time charter invoicing, SOA’s and laytime calculations as required
- Ensure compliance with standards and procedures for all aspects of marine operations
- Manage and provide guidance on charter party disputes and third-party claims
- Oversee the handling of post fixture balances
- Provide regular vessel reporting, identify areas of operations which require improvement
- Action performance improvement matters
- Attend vessels worldwide as required
To be suitable for this position you must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Vessel Operator for an owner, operator, charterer or trading company. Candidates with seagoing experience would be considered favourably, although this is not essential. It is important to have a strong commercial aptitude with a solid knowledge and understanding across all the variables within operations when dealing with both dry cargo and tanker vessels.