An opportunity to work for a large established shipping company procuring bunker fuels for their sizeable fleet.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee the full procurement process, identifying requirements through to delivery
- Monitor fuel prices and market reports identifying daily fluctuations
- Reviewing opportunities, negotiating, leveraging to maximise buying power
- Finalising all procurement, liaising with the vessel operators, surveyors, suppliers and agents regarding delivery
- Monitor bunker supply performance, identifying trends, investigating irregularities and react accordingly
- Maintain a solid working knowledge regarding current and up and coming regulations
- Manage the resolution of fuel related claims
- Prepare performance reports
- Key advisor within the commercial team on fuel economy and optimisation
- Develop and review a solid network of suppliers, brokers and traders
To be suitable for this position you should have a proven background within bunker procurement/supply, within a ship owner/operator or bunker trading organisation. Alternatively candidates will be considered with vessel/ship operator experience with significant exposure of negotiating/purchasing bunkers.
You should have the ability to think on your feet and respond proactively to changing dynamics effectively and efficiently.
All applicants must have existing and unrestricted UK working entitlement.
More search results
Country Manager - France
CHARTERING MANAGER (Copenhagen-based)
Superintendent, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, ES-…
U.S. Department of Transporation/Maritime Administration
Baja Ferries USA
Experienced Dry Cargo Chartering Broker
Bancosta (Geneva) s.a.