Manager - Insurance and Claims, Singapore
An exciting career opportunity to join a growing shipping entity has arrived!
Our client is an international reputable shipping company, looking to recruit an experienced Manager (Insurance and Claims) to join their Singapore office.
Reporting to the Global Department Head, you will be responsible for the global fleets insurance matters, which include:
- Responsible for checking and processing insurance premium notes
- Liaise with relevant parties in relation to claims, specifically H&M, P&I, FD&D and LOH
- Prepare all reports (e.g. monthly and high-level claims reports for board meetings, statistics, rates and loss records, etc)
- Assist in recording and filing of cover notes, addendums and invoices
- Support Finance departments on all insurance matters on mortgagee’s requirement
- Apply and arrange for all insurance related certificates for all vessels
- Responsible for running cost budget for all vessels
- Liaise with various departments on the renewal of various non-marine insurances
- Actively participate and engage in the process for the continuous improvement of departmental procedures
This role requires the successful candidate to be hands-on and a willing-to-do attitude. You will assist your Head of Department in reviewing strategy and negotiation tactics, as well as handling daily operations / administrative matters.
Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) is mandatory to communicate and deal with various stake holders.
To be considered for this role, you must have at least 8 years of relevant marine insurance working experience from a ship owner / ship management or P&I or marine insurance company. You must have advance user knowledge on Excel / Word / Powerpoint, and be able to work well in a fast-paced / high volume environment.
An attractive local remuneration package is available for the right candidate. A Senior Manager role will be considered for more experienced candidates.
This role is currently opened to candidates based in Singapore with ready working entitlement only.