Chartering Manager, Supramax Asia
Career Opportunity: Chartering Manager, Supramax Asia
Overall purpose of job
The Asian Ocean Freight Supramax trader will be fully responsible for performing and supervise all fixtures and post-fixture activities for bulk vessels chartered by Bunge SA, Switzerland. He or she will develop new markets and flows in line with the strategy set and will be accountable for performance. Furthermore, he/she will be responsible to increase Bunge’s visibility and access in Asia with, maintain and expand customer base.
- Negotiate Voyage and Time Charter contracts with owners/operators/brokers
- Develop and execute Bunge’s freight strategy
- Report market and freight rates
- Contribute and support the Fundamental Analysis Research process
- Provide back-up support to the Director, Ocean Freight
- Proprietary trading with specific P&L targets
- Actively interact with and support internal commodity traders
- 5 years working experience in dry-bulk freight trading
- Clear understanding of risk and risk related measures, P&L and P&L related impacts
- Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels; able to work independently as well as within team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Team player who has the discipline to work alone and meet pre-defined deadlines; able to operate within a cross cultural team environment with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good network within the shipping industry
- Determination to grow within the business
- Able to travel and be open to possible job relocation
If you are looking for a company that will allow you to discover your full potential, consider joining Bunge. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and in your email subject title, please indicate ‘Chartering Manager, Supramax Asia’.
Bunge Asia Pte. Ltd.
1 Wallich Street, #08-01
Guoco Tower, Singapore 078881
Tel: +65 6730 6100
Fax: +65 6730 6200
We thank you for your interest and regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.