Senior Architect: New Building - UK
To lead varied aspects of the detailed design, design-coordination and building phases of projects and delivering high quality, brand-specific ship design concepts on time and within budget.
- Conducts value engineering analysis on any extra costs originated by request of change and/or on potential cost saving measures.
- Surveys and guides external architects in the selection of materials and loose furniture which must be compliant with requirements such as USPH rules, durability, easy cleaning, easy maintenance, easy replacement, clever quantity use etc.
- Tracks and upholds the overall design and outfitting process delivering brand-specific vessel interior (public areas and accommodations), exterior and back-of-house designs in line with the concept given and shipyard contracts. NOT responsible for technical areas such as machinery, casings, HVAC rooms etc.
- Controls and coordinates modifications within all areas of competence with designers and architects.
- Conducts design intent drawing reviews, detail drawing reviews, factory visits, mock-up reviews and inspections.
- Organises planning of various architect, designer, lighting design, catering equipment, artwork, signage coordination meetings, visits and inspections with delivering to shipyard milestones.
- Tracks and reports on detailed design & design building/production progress, focusing on time schedules, critical path milestones, costs, completion of inspections, quantity/closure of remarks. Presents large to small-scale presentations at executive level.
- Leads an efficient supervision process ensuring that design goals, design quality and design standards/guidelines are met, projects are on budget and ship readiness is on time. -
- Frequently visits the shipyard site, spending time walking onboard the vessels as they are under construction, up to and beyond delivery until such time they are successfully delivered and in service.
- Maintains good relations with shipyard leadership and management in related area, along with shipyard’s area coordinators and turn-key contractors.
- Prepares specifications (outline and detail) for R&D or prototype projects and updates specifications based on discussions with internal departments.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills. Knowledge of additional European languages is highly desirable.
- Bachelors or Masters’ Degree in Architecture with cruise ship / yacht interior design experience. Ability to review detailed design and technical drawings.
- A minimum guide of three 3 years’ relevant design experience within the yacht design/cruise ship industry with familiarity of shipbuilding processes, site surveys and marine standards.
- Strong IT skills: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, AutoCAD/MicroStation and Rhino.
- Ability to work under tight schedules and to endure challenging situations sometimes in high stress situations.
- Availability to travel frequently with a short notice.
Please note, candidates MUST possess the immediate right to live and work in the European Economic Area (EEA). Candidates without this existing entitlement will NOT be considered.
FLAGSHIP MANAGEMENT = MARITIME JOBS
WE ARE MARITIME PROFESSIONALS
MARITIME RECRUITMENT AND MARITIME EXECUTIVE SEARCH IS OUR BUSINESS