Zodiac Maritime Limited is the largest privately owned ship management company in the UK with a worldwide trading presence and recognised reputation for performance excellence and expertise. Zodiac specialises in the day to day management of over a 100 commercial ships including Bulk Carriers, Container Ships, Oil Tankers, Chemical Tankers, LPG Tankers and Car Carriers.
Through the application of your experience and expertise you will actively promote and enforce the company safety culture and standards aboard all vessels and offices.
- Identify and lead on safety initiatives and improvements to enhance fleet safety.
- Ensure that assigned vessels are compliant with maritime legislation, Flag State requirements and quality and safety standards of the vessel owners.
- Recognised as an expert advisor on all safety matters.
- Conduct audits and vessel inspections to ensure the vessels are compliant and maintain applicable ISO standards.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations, root cause analysis and make appropriate recommendations.
- Advise and assist with ISM/ISPS compliance, regulations and updates.
- Briefing and training of newly promoted Masters and Chief Engineers.
- Assist as part of the emergency / crisis management team.
- Sailed to a minimum of Chief Officer on Tankers or equivalent shore-based experience as a QHSE / Marine Superintendent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of completing audits on board Tankers.
- Expert knowledge and application of safety standards and regulations.
- Familiarisation with applicable ISM and ISO standards and codes.
- Previous experience in leading emergency response team would be an advantage for this role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of ECDIS.
- Strong analytical skills together with the ability to make and support decisions with sound reasoning and judgement.
To apply for this position: Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org