Marine HazMat Expert
Lucion Marine, part of Lucion Services Ltd, currently has an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Marine HazMat Expert.
If you are tired of working life on land, why not jump ship to the Lucion Marine Team! A new and exciting challenge awaits you. Lucion Marine provides consultancy, surveying, testing and management for hazardous materials on vessels around the world, something which you can be part of!
This role will include coordination, mobilisation and delivery of all stages to facilitate the preparation of Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) reports and the subsequent delivery to clients. To include any additional consultancy and ongoing hazardous materials management as required.
Management of / meeting client’s expectations whilst maximising opportunities during delivery of services under contract between Client and Lucion Marine.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Liaison with client’s point of contact for mobilisation of project.
- Collation of information and documents from vessel/client, to allow for desktop review.
- Review of vessel information and preparation of Visual Sampling Check Plan (VSCP).
- Carry out on board inspection and sampling exercise, within given time scales
- Management of sample analysis process and final reporting (via NexGen) ready for final QC.
- Issuance of report(s) to client.
- Additional Hazardous Materials management and consultancy as required.
- Adhere to costings within project management and ensure work programs are followed
ESSENTIAL PERSON CRITERIA:-
- BOHS P402, P403 and P404 qualifications (or equivalent).
- Basic knowledge of;
- Regulation (EU) No 1257/2013 – European Ship Recycling Regulations
- Hong Kong Convention for the Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships
- Resolution MEPC.269(68) – Guidelines for the development of Inventory of Hazardous Materials
- Experience of conducting Marine Asbestos and/or IHM Surveys is of benefit, but accredited training will be provided
- In addition, you must have:
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- ability to work in small teams;
- able to use own initiative if working alone
- Regular working abroad and foreign travel
- Some unsociable works hours required including weekends
- strong work ethic
- have an attention to detail for accurate data, and be familiar with mobile app technology
- have the willingness and availability for international travel (at times, at short notice)
- Clear criminal record and no restrictions to prevent the gaining international work permits/visas
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH LUCION SERVICES LTD
Our open culture, opportunities for growth and our outstanding employee benefits are in place to ensure that our colleagues feel as valued as they are. If you join Lucion you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company matched pension scheme
- Quarterly team performance bonus and retention bonus
- Health cashback scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays (full time entitlement)
- Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, as well as a peer-to-peer recognition platform and spot financial awards
Most importantly, as the UK’s leading risk management company we can proudly say that we can offer you job security due to our continuous strive for sustainability and excellence.
This is a full time, permanent position (40 hours per week)
REGARDLESS OF AGE, WE PAY NATIONAL LIVING WAGE!
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact email@example.com. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high number of applicants.
Lucion Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Please see a link to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.