Senior Chartering Manager / Chartering Director
G2 Ocean is a joint venture of two of the world's leading breakbulk and bulk shipping companies: Gearbulk and Grieg Star. We operate the largest fleet of open hatch vessels worldwide. In addition we operate a substantial fleet of conventional bulk carriers. With 130 vessels and 13 offices on six continents, we can serve all our customer's needs. Our vessels are tailor-made for breakbulk cargoes like forestry products, steel and project cargoes. Advanced systems make shipping with us easy. The passion and expertise of our people put our customers at ease. This is the basis for reliable, efficient, flexible, high-quality and innovative services.
Are you an experienced and senior dry bulk chartering professional?
We are looking for an expert colleague for our Dry Bulk team in Bergen, Norway. As our new colleague you have the passion to develop and grow the business in close cooperation with the team, our offices and brokers around the world.
Do you have good market knowledge, ability to see market movements and opportunities, and act within short deadlines? Are you a team player who add value to the team, and do you have a strong drive for success? Then you are the right person for us.
- Maintain the organization's portfolio of clients and develop existing and new customer relationships and business.
- Recommend, coordinate and execute commercial activities.
- Contribute to that the organization operates with maximum profitability.
- Analyze and evaluate the market to identify business opportunities.
- Fix in and out own and market tonnage and cargoes.
- Keep close co-ordination and dialog with brokers, clients, and other relevant parties.
- Develop strategies and framework to manage business risk in chartering operations.
- Budget planning.
Education and professional experience:
- Minimum 7-10 years day-to-day Bulk Chartering experience
- Relevant education and/or experience within dry bulk shipping.
- Good analytical and negotiation skills.
- Co-operative and team-oriented with the ability to listen and to communicate
- Good relationship builder
- Positive attitude and with a good spirit
- Good planning skills and like being accurate
- Responsible and able to initiate as well as execute and complete tasks
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
We offer challenging tasks and opportunities for personal and professional development in an international working environment. The company has a competitive salary and benefits package. Some traveling will be required. The position is located at the corporate headquarter in Bergen and will be reporting to the VP Bulk.
The title will be Senior Chartering Manager or Chartering Director depending on experience and/or qualifications.
If you have the relevant experience combined with the ambition to succeed in this role, then please apply by the 15th of October or contact us for more information.
+47 995 18 193
+47 950 85 692