An opportunity to work within the shipping department of a well-respected trading company, you will be a hands-on operator with significant experience of time charter operations.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring efficient turnaround of vessels in port and voyage monitoring
- Payments and invoicing of hires, freights, disbursements, etc.
- Voyage instructions to the vessels, including daily monitoring and liaising with the Captains and Agents
- Liaising with owners and charterers
- Handling disputes and insurance claims
- Arranging and monitoring bunker supplies
- Monitoring profit and loss status during and after each voyage
- Laytime calculations
To be a suitable candidate you should have proven commercial vessel operations experience with dry cargo ships working for an owner or operator. You should be a strong team player with the ability to multi-task and prioritise to manage operations in a busy work environment.