Supramax Chartering Manager
Chartering Manager, Handy-Supramax Atlantic
Freight, working in team of Chartering Managers
Reporting to (job title)
Head of Supramax & Handy
Based in (location)
Overall purpose of job
The Chartering Manager will strengthen our team in Geneva, contribute to building and executing a strategy within atlantic basin.
He or she will execute our internal program and help manage our fleet. Develop new flows and new relationships in line with the strategy set, and will be accountable for performance.
Already familiar with voyage, tc and period valuations. He or she should be friendly with risk taking and decision making.
- Negotiate Voyage and Time Charter contracts with owners/operators/brokers
- Develop and execute Bunge’s freight strategy
- Report market and freight rates
- Contribute and support the Fundamental Analysis Research process
- Proprietary trading with specific P&L targets and drive economic results
- Actively interact with and support internal commodity traders
- Participate and contribute to discussions about the freight position and forward strategy
- Working with the inhouse chartering, logistic and operation departments to optimize performance.
- Monitor/pursue spot arbitrage opportunities
- 3 - 7 years working experience in dry-bulk freight trading
- Clear understanding of risk and risk related measures, P&L and P&L related impacts
- Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels; able to work independently as well as within team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Team player who has the discipline to meet pre-defined deadlines; able to operate within a cross cultural team environment with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Determination to grow within the business
- Decision maker with strong analytical skills coupled with ability and confidence to take risk when required.
- Ambitious self-starter with the ability to work and resolve problems effectively.
- European citizen or valid work permit for Switzerland
More search results
Tanker Broker (m/f/d)
John T, Essberger Tankers
HSSEQ Manager (Manila, Philippines Based)
Höegh Autoliners - Technical Management
Technical Superintendent, Chemical Tankers, Middl…
Spinnaker Global Ltd.
Corporate Secretarial Assistant / Corporate Paral…
Spinnaker Global Ltd.