Andriaki Shipping Co Ltd. a leading world-class shipping company, currently operating a modern fleet of tankers wishes to appoint a Technical Director.
The role’s key responsibility is to provide technical expertise in order to optimize vessels’ performance and maintenance strategies, ensuring regulatory compliance and enhanced competitiveness of company’s fleet.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Overseeing and continuously enhancing all aspects of technical operations, maintenance and repair and dry docking, ensuring that the fleet is in excellent operating condition at all times.
- Ensuring that company’s policies on all matters of technical nature are up to date with relevant statutory and management system requirements.
- Driving improvement in technical standards through the adoption of new technologies and innovative approaches.
- Attending vessels at ports of call to ensure excellent technical condition, initiating investigations and / or corrective actions when necessary.
- Monitoring results of internal and external inspection reports.
- Complying with SMS requirements and demonstrating commitment to safety and environmental excellence.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the Technical Department while effectively utilizing manpower and resources.
- Responsible for cost verification and control; preparation of financial reports.
- Providing guidance and support to all members of the technical department.
- Naval Architecture and / or Marine Engineering Degree.
- MBA or MSc in Shipping Management / International Shipping / Finance.
- Not less than 5 years of technical management of tankers; experience with LPG and LNG will be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and people management skills.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Greek.
- Very good PC knowledge.