Contract Manager - London
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a large fleet of ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises about 3,400 seafarers and over 300 shore staff in 12 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
CONTRACT MANAGER - LONDON BASED
- Good memory, passion for detail, innate ability to quickly identify differences between similar situations.
- Assertive and confident. High level of English proficiency.
- Dry bulk chartering and/or operations background is essential. Legal background helpful.
- Strong with handling multiple bits of information and prioritizing work independently.
- Good at collecting and analysing data and working in an organized manner.
- Happy to proof-read and check voluminous documents and information for accuracy.
- Be able to overcome objections or challenges diplomatically.
- Accept that this role exists to support commercial teams and not dictate what they can or cannot do.
- Be comfortable challenging opinions held by others and be able to take charge in unsupervised situations.
- Chartering and operations colleagues will be the chief internal customers of this role.
- Overall responsibility for the commercial integrity and consistency of charterparty clauses.
- Continuous review of commercial agreements to ensure uniformity and user friendliness.
- Add value to commercial dispute resolution.
- Remain up to date on new case law and other relevant legal developments.
- Assist in making good commercial decisions while safeguarding company interests, balancing customers’ needs.
- Work closely with in-house insurance and legal teams on dispute resolution matters.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your business performance, but on the basis of your business behaviour as well. Cultural fit and adherence to company values is of paramount importance to us. Please apply with a full résumé and contact details to the HR Department at email@example.com. We only accept CVs in pdf format.
(Application deadline: 15 January 2019)
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.