Demurrage Claims Analyst : Tankers London
We are looking for a Demurrage Claims Analyst to work in the post-fixture team of our London Tanker Division. The successful candidate will be required to manage demurrage and expense claims from a variety of owners within the tanker market. Ideally, we are looking for someone with claims experience, who is keen to remain in the claims area and develop their skills and knowledge base.
This role will be a junior position within the Demurrage Claims team, and would be best suited to someone with one or two years Demurrage claims experience.
- Review demurrage claims and submit them to customers on the behalf of the ship-owner
- Follow up on claims, assist in resolving any disputes to achieve prompt settlement of claims.
- Provide additional analysis for key customers, highlighting why demurrage incurs and ways to improve their demurrage record.
- Offer advice and guidance to owners and charterers in order to avoid further disputes regarding demurrage and expenses claims.
- Knowledge of shipping practices with 1+ years demurrage claims experience
- An understanding of laytime calculations and ability to produce these
- Attention to detail is essential, as well as a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel + Outlook
- Fluent written and spoken English with excellent attention to detail
- A good telephone manner and strong communication skills.
- Reliable and willing to work out of office hours if required on occasion.
What we offer:
We provide an Idyllic waterside office location, interest free season ticket loans, free lunch in company canteen, competitive salary, discretionary bonus, life assurance and pension.
Posted by: Callum Beaumont, Recruitment Manager, Clarksons Platou