Faststream a re working with a leading Chemical Ship management company currently searching for an Operations Manager. the fleet currently consists of 20 chemical vessels (Class 1/2) with a planned expansion of 20 a further 20 vessels over the next 18 months. This rapid growth has caused the need for expansion and has therefore created the Operations managers position.
The Operations Manager is responsible for clear operation of the head office of the company and fleet vessels. Working in a multi-national environment in a team full of experts you will:
Operations and general
*Lead the company operation for the short and long terms. Ensure everything is in line with the company business plan and achieve company targets, this all in cooperation with other HOD's.
*Supervise all related processes/tasks regarding the operation department. Ensure this is in line with the company policies and procedures
* Manage all fleet vessels in the most cost effective way, while ensuring the highest quality.
*Ensure all terms are in line with the vessel specification for SMA and/or C/P. This needs to be monitored on a daily basis.
* Chartering issues (NOR \ claims \ etc. ) proper follow up \ filing Follow up and analyze any incident
/ unsatisfactory performance of the vessels
* Manage that all D/A's procedures are followed
*Include new vessels into management process and ensure this is in line with the procedures defined in SMS.
* Inform the CEO in case of any breakdown, operational issues which may have financial / operational
/ environmental / HSQE related and / or reputation impact to the company.
*All operations needs to be in line with the company policies, maritime rules and regulations and industry standards
* Responsible for updating vessels in view of calling ports as per company port screening procedure.
*Acts as deputy CSO and is responsible for screening guards as per company procedures together with CSO.
* Is accountable for achieving his / her objectives.
*systematically monitors the effectiveness of verification and inspection activities within his / her department and within the fleet
Health, Quality, Safety and Environmental protection management
* To comply and improve a safety culture throughout the fleet in order to achieve the company HSSE
objectives of zero accidents/incidents
* Will be responsible for safe and correct working conditions both on-board and in the office.
* Verify all accidents, incidents and near misses.
* Member of the emergency response team.
*Coordinate with crew manager to ensure crew processes are in line with company SMS and short/long term plans.
* Attend de-briefing and briefings of Masters, C/E's, chief officers as per SMS
* Familiarization of the new employees and provide in-house training to all seagoing employees.
* Job interviews of new candidates
*Provide assistance and all required information of insurance related issues. This needs to be in line with company SMS and short/long term plans.
* Assisting Masters with insurance related issues if needed
* Utilizing the P&I Club correspondents if needed
* Master Mariner above 3000GT II/2
* Minimum 2 years' experience as Captain working with Chemical vessels.
* Theoretical and practical experience in vessel operations, with a minimum three years.