Frontline Management AS, a subsidiary of Frontline Ltd., provides technical management services & project management solutions including new build concept & execution to Frontline Ltd., Golden Ocean Group Limited, Ship Finance Ltd. Flex LNG and Seatankers Management Co. Ltd.
Due to fleet expansion we are recruiting talented shipping executives who can meaningfully contribute to the company’s future.
Reports to Senior Fleet Manager (Wet and Dry) with Inter-Relations to, Fleet Managers, Operations Managers and Ship Managers.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Monitor vetting performance of the fleet and follow up with Ship Managers on oil majors vetting inspections, Q88, HVPQ, RightShip, MSPS & GHG ratings
- Monitor and control Ship Managers to ensure all vessels are maintaining valid SIRE in the OCIMF or Rightship and GHG rating according to charter party
- Reporting to Senior Fleet Manager on vessel’s vetting status, planning and progress including any ongoing issues or if in case of any difficulties encountered that may cause rejection by either Charterers or the Pool partners operating the respective vessels
- Review and prepare quarterly KPI on vetting and tracking of vessel’s performance against set targets
- Review and follow up with ship managers and relevant parties on industry developments and latest SIRE and Rightship trends
- Develop and establish professional working relationship with Oil Majors and Rightship by attending to industry related meetings and events
- Member of the Frontline Technical Management Team and Emergency Response Team
- Promote safety culture by ensuring fleet vessels operate in compliance with maritime safety rules and regulations and safe management system of Ship Manager
- Monitor and assess fleet safety, navigation, environmental and cargo related issues and advise Fleet Managers and Ship Managers as part of continuous improvement and preventative measures process
- Investigate and report on vessel casualty, analyse trends in incident reports, and follow up with Ship Manager
- Regular ship visits to assess and verify effectiveness of safety management system onboard, submit audit report and follow up with Ship Manager on Safety, Quality, Environmental, Security & Navigational issues
- Participate in Ship Manager and crew manager audits and active participation in ship manager’s safety programme and officer conferences
Essential Job Requirements and Competencies:
- Sea going experience as Master Mariner on oil tanker vessel
- Significant experience of oil tankers and bulk carriers operations
- Significant knowledge and experience of TMSA, OCIMF SIRE and RightShip inspection process
- Extensive Audit experience
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques, Management of Change MoC process and project planning
- Must have good communication skills and demonstrate effective organizational skills in order to work with global and regional teams
- Must have a high level of commitment in order to meet the demanding workload and long / unpredictable working hours
- Must be able to travel extensively and within short notice
Frontline Management AS offers an attractive remuneration package for this challenging and demanding position.
The position will be located in Singapore.
For further information, please contact Chief Technical Officer, Lars Pedersen tel.: +47 23 11 40 23.
Application deadline: Job application including CV in English language should be sent via the APPLY button, within 1st March 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.