An opportunity to work for an established trading company as a Chartering Manager overseeing the complete dry bulk operations for the in-house commodities division. You will be the key contact for the negotiation and management of freight rates and contract proposals with shipowners and third-party brokers. Your main purpose is to support the existing business and the immediate growth plan with cost-effective freight solutions.
Key responsibilities will include the following;
- Negotiate and execute physical freight contracts with ship owners and brokers for new long-term contracts and spot charter
- Plan implement overall shipping strategy
- Monitor in-house chartered vessels, continually reviewing market conditions, rates and availability
- Management of all shipping documentation
- Budget management
- Supervise supportive team members
- Ensure compliance procedures are upheld
- Reporting on shipping activities to the senior management team
To be a suitable candidate you must have a proven background as a Chartering Manager within the dry bulk sector negotiating voyage and time charter contracts for handysize, supramax or panamax vessels.
A strong understanding of the Middle Eastern market is preferred although not essential, you should be a hands-on, innovative individual, a strong team player with the desire to help grow the business by managing the chartering activities effectively to enable to the delivery the next growth/development phase of the shipping division.