Spinnaker Global is working with a global Ship Operator based in Norway seeking a strong willed and driven legal qualified professional.
The legal team of this well-established company is a support function who work very closely with the commercial teams (chartering managers and operations managers) including top management to resolve all issues and disputes in the best interest of the company.
As a Claims Manager you will be responsible for handling all legal, claims, contract management, insurance and compliance issues globally with the support of the existing knowledgeable and supportive team.
This role will include:
1. Provide high quality, commercially relevant legal advice to operations and chartering managers and resolve P&I, FD&D and general commercial disputes favourably.
2. Appoint, liaise with and manage lawyers, surveyors, consultants, correspondents and P&I and/or FD&D Clubs where necessary. Review and critically evaluate advice provided, distil and present the advice to the relevant stakeholders.
3. Build strong relationships with relevant internal stakeholders as a trusted advisor.
4. Regularly review claims database to ensure that the recorded information is updated within guidelines.
Other legal advice as needed and according to experience and interests:
5. Corporate legal advice, including, for example: advising finance department on maintaining of corporate docs etc, IT contracts, financial agreements entered into by the company.
6. Advising top management and HR on general legal developments and difficult HR matters.
7. Compliance advice, including supporting Counterpart Risk team on sanctions evaluations.
8. Participate in functions such as contract approval committee and other risk review measures.
9. Advising on new ventures, including joint venture arrangements, entering new countries, setting up new corporate entities in new countries etc
10. Assist on all other legal advice when needed.
11. Provide contract management, claims, legal and compliance training to the organisation.
To apply for this role, you must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a legal or claims role.