TRF Ship Management AS is responsible for overseeing a portfolio of shipping investments on behalf of Transportation Recovery Fund (TRF). TRF has ownership in fifty-five ships, including sixteen chemical tankers (of which nine are stainless and seven are coated) and twelve product and crude tankers. The remaining fleet consists of bulk carriers and container vessels. TRF has outsourced technical and commercial management to third party providers, and TRF Ship Management AS oversees these management companies.
To strengthen our small, but dedicated team of professionals, we are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Seagoing experience, preferably deck officer on chemical/product/oil tankers
- Experience from working onshore in ship owning / ship management companies
- Ability to take responsibility and work together with commercial managers, technical managers and crew to achieve the best possible results
- Strong team attitude and cooperative skills as well as ability to work independently
Main duties will include:
- Cooperate with commercial managers/pool operators regarding operational matters
- Cooperate with technical managers regarding operational incidents and maintenance/upgrading
- Handle fuel quality issues
- Follow up P&I and H&M claims
- Regular ship inspections
- Vetting of top 4 officers
A significant amount of travelling will be expected.
Please send your application within 20th March 2019
For questions about the position, please contact CEO Michael Aasland on
+47 97110494 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRF Ship Management AS