Chartering Manager (f/m/d)
CONTCHART GmbH Co. KG is a modern and future-focused company specialized in Commercial Chartering Management of container vessels in the size of 700 to 6,500 TEU. Our fleet of vessels is constantly growing and is currently approaching 117 units. Contchart is a member of the MPC Capital Group, an internationally focused asset and investment manager providing superior niche investment solutions in real estate, infrastructure and shipping.
For our Container Vessel Chartering Team in our Hamburg office we are currently searching for a Chartering Manager (f/m/d).
Your duties include:
- Calculation, valuation & recommendation of different employment opportunities
- Negotiation of charters & charter parties
- Market analysis and interpretation of data on charter rates, fleet size and trade flows
- Monitor the development within the Container Vessel Charter Market and take appropriate action to secure the best charters for our tonnage partners
- Constantly seeking to improve on the time charter fleet earnings with the aim of increasing revenues and reducing idle time
- Assistance in the development of various projects incl. budget, financial forecasts and new building projects
- To build & develop long lasting relationships with operators, charterers and potential customers & tonnage partners globally
- Ensure that our tonnage partners are fully briefed on the commercial aspects of their fleet,
- Sale & Purchase of vessels when and if required
- You have successfully completed your training in shipping and have several years of relevant experience in the area of chartering
- You have a strong sense of urgency, are outgoing and have a convincing personality
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- You work well under pressure, also when making financially important decisions
- You are able to multi-task and prioritize
- You have an analytical mind set with the ability to identify potential bottle necks & risks and act on this
- You have a high level of self-initiative and “let’s do it” attitude
If you want to face new challenges with us, please send your application documents including your salary expectation and your earliest possible starting date to Marie-Isabel Lewrenz. We look forward to receiving your documents.