Shipping Operator, LNG - Switzerland based
(Reporting to Director)
Novatek Gas and Power Asia Pte. Ltd., Singapore, Zug Branch is currently looking for an experienced shipping operator with focus on LNG to join our dynamic team in Zug, Switzerland. In close corporation with our colleagues across Zug and Singapore taking part in operations of our growing business in the LNG industry.
JSC Novatek owns majority stake in the small-scale LNG plant at Vysotsk and has an offtake agreement for about 0.6 mtpa. The volumes are expected to be distributed within a Baltic and North West Europe range. A number of ships will be chartered in to cover this distribution.
As a Shipping Operator your key responsibilities will be to operate around 3 to 5 small scale LNG vessels. Meaning to execute daily operations of our small-scale LNG fleet with due consideration to voyage planning and fleet optimization in relation to production schedules, post fixture, and customer focus and communication.
Additionally, we expect you to:
• Have quick and correct attention to queries from your colleagues
• Keep profit/loss calculations fully updated at all time
• Calculate and present voyage related claims to counterparties
• Provide feedback on how to constantly improve our business
• Take the lead in various operational projects
To hit the ground running we expect you to have a minimum of four years hands on operational experience preferably with an owner, in addition to a relevant shipping education, with specific knowledge on LNG carriers and their trades. A Master or Chief ticket from LNG carriers is preferable but not a necessity.
It is of importance that you have experience with terminal compatibility processes, LNG ship operation, intake calculations, charter parties and terms as well as industry standards. Additionally, you have insight into the technical aspects of a vessel, both related to the dimensions and flexibility as well as cargo handling and equipment.
You are fluent both in written and verbal English, inclusive complete maritime vocabularies. As a person, you are energetic and thrive in a fast-paced environment where daily work routines are constantly challenged by the changing tasks.
Furthermore, we expect that you are:
- Able to work flexible hours when work calls for it
- A team player – always think team before individual
- Engaged in dialogues and discussions internally as well as externally to continuously improve performance
- Motivated when being empowered to make decisions
- Ready to participate in the 24/7 mobile duty divided with our Singapore office
Competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the chosen candidate, depending on your experience. Please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact details: Bhavani Karupiah (HR Specialist)
Tel : +65 6576 4383