HSSEQ Manager (Manila, Philippines Based)
Höegh Technical Management Inc.
(Reporting to Head of Ship Management)
- Overall responsibility for the management and development of the Occupational Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality activities within HTM.
- Ensure Compliance with
- HTM policy, mandate, vision and values
- Requirements from relevant business units
- HTM Management System
- Relevant national and international rules and regulations
- Recruitment, Development and Management of personnel within the HSSEQ department.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Ensure safe operation of HTM managed ships and compliance with all relevant instructions, rules and regulations.
- Position as Top Management’s representative in ISO 14001 terms. Perform ISM/ISPS audits onboard HTM managed vessels
- Responsible for coordinating the development, implementation, maintenance, control and continuous improvement of the HTM Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) This includes:
- Motivation of employees
- Ensure compliance, including the ISM Code, ISPS and ISO 14001
- Audit system with planning, execution, reporting and follow up
- Improvement reporting system.
- Ensure monitoring of new rules and regulations
- Assist Head of Ship Management, HTM Management Group and relevant business units in all matters concerning the above and related matters .
- Develop relevant documents in SEMS to ensure updated and relevant instructions and procedures for the HSSEQ activity.
- Ensure that HTM has updated knowledge and competence on relevant laws, rules and regulations with regard to management of ships, including safety at sea, prevention of human injury or loss of life and avoidance of damage to the environment.
- Optimise utilisation, development and performance of all personnel in the department.
- Responsible within the department in case of accidents, incidents, illnesses and P&I cases.
- Head of Department
- Member of HTM leader team Head of Department
- Leader of Compliance Committee
- Leader of Investigation Committee
- Designated Person Ashore (DPA)
- Company Security Officer
- ISM Lead auditor
- Member of the Emergency Response Team
Furthermore, we expect that you are:
- Actively lead by example, in accordance with the Company’s Leadership Principles
- Nurture a strong Safety Awareness culture within the department and actively contribute to the same in the business unit.
- Day-to-day management and development of the HSSEQ team. Ensuring correct competence and capabilities within the team.
- Provide input and facilitate succession planning within the Business Area.
- Have a genuine interest in HSSEQ work
- Have experience from ISM related work, including audits.
- Have experience within document control and document handling
- Have excellent understanding of inter-human relations and cultural awareness
- Have experience with Filipino and Chinese crewed vessels
- Have leadership experience
Key Performance and Success Criteria:
- Live by the Höegh Autoliners corporate values; Bold, Agile and Professional.
- Live by the HTM values; Cooperative, Committed, Competent, Honest and Straight Forward.
- Live by the Höegh Leadership Principles; be Visible, be Inspiring, be Consistent and be Accountable.
- Management skills
- Communication skills
- People skills
- Analytical skills
Competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the chosen candidate, depending on your experience. Please send your CV in English to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.