Senior Market Analyst London : Clarksons Platou
Clarksons Platou has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst to join its best-in-class Chemical Tanker Market Analysts team. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for producing high quality and high impact analytical work for clients.
The position will cover a range of different functions including client-facing presentations, the creation of bespoke market reports, and day-to-day management of consultancy led market insight projects. The role would suit a commercially and technically astute individual with a passion for shipping, and a keen interest in technology.
Tasks will include:
- Creation and maintenance of original, thought provoking presentation material which utilises Clarksons’ proprietary in-house technology and data-sets.
- Work and coordination of day-to-day activities with colleagues across our 11 office global Specialised Products network.
- Work in tandem with senior team members in preparing bespoke presentations and consultancy work to be delivered to both existing and potential clients.
- Provide assistance and support to senior brokers with a variety of ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative analytical requests.
- Assist the senior leadership team on business development and internal strategy initiatives.
- Utilise in-house IT tools and resource to enhance and evolve our service offering to our client base.
- Respond to a broad range of requests from a truly global client portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- At least 3 years of analysis and/or consulting industry experience.
- Education to an upper 2:1 degree level or higher, in a shipping, trade or finance related subject. Whilst existing knowledge of the shipping or energy sectors is preferred, it is not essential.
- Excellent communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English.
- An expert user level of Microsoft PowerPoint and have experience in using modern BI tools to design actionable and insightful reporting.
- Strong computer modelling and excel spreadsheet management skills.
- An ability to deliver captivating presentations to customer’s key decision makers and build robust commercial relationships throughout target companies.
- A high degree of initiative, proactivity and accuracy in a time pressured environment.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Evidence of being highly numerate with an ability to quickly resolve conflicting datasets and spot trends.
- A capability of conducting all work with an exemplary attention to detail.
- Motivation to work with a diverse and international team and be comfortable with some travel to clients both domestically and internationally.
- A perpetual drive to learn and develop one’s career, and possess a genuine interest and resourcefulness to further her/his career.
The Clarksons Platou Specialised Products department is the global leader in the sector, spanning eleven offices, with a broad range of clients including blue chip chemical producers, international trading houses and major ship owning companies. We offer an exciting, fast paced working environment, a culture of team work and the opportunity to play a central role in our next phase of growth.
Clarksons can offer:
- Competitive salary with annual discretionary bonus.
- 4x annual salary life assurance.
- Corporate gym membership scheme.
- Cycle parking and changing rooms.
- Interest free train season ticket loans.
- Free lunch in the company canteen.
- Opportunities for travel and global relocation.
Posted by: Callum Beaumont, Recruitment Manager