Chartering Manager, Junior Charterer, Operations Manager (Oslo and Melbourne)
Eastern Bulk Carriers is an international dry bulk operator with global perspective. We have long standing relationships with large international traders and charterers across the globe. We strive to be a first class carrier in every way for our customers and aim to always provide an impeccable service, distinguished by diligence and flexibility.
We are expanding our activities in Eastern Bulk Carriers, and are looking for a motivated chartering manager and junior charterer who enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are able to deal with all the challenges such a position may bring, both in Oslo and in Melbourne.
CHARTERING MANAGER – Lysaker and Melbourne office
This role will be responsible to take part to further develop the cargo and tonnage book, spot and COA in the Dry Bulk market. Manage the relationships with cargo and tonnage brokers and customers to ensure we see all on and off market opportunities.
- Minimum 3 years experience in dry bulk chartering
- Higher education at bachelor level
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Team player and positive attitude
- Excellent English skills
- Knowledge of a Scandinavian language preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Daily voyage and time charter trip chartering
- Monitoring market developments and analyzing business opportunities
- Booking of cargoes and contracts of affreightment
- Maintaining and developing the company’s relationships with clients
- Work closely with all customers and brokers involved within the Supra and Ultra segment from the target region
- Identify key trades and clients which match our operating profile
- Execute business effectively
- Identify and develop arbitrage opportunities which can add value to the book
- Accountability for all voyage calculations and negotiations
- Manage the relationships with customers and brokers developing and effective network
- Work closely with the operations department to ensure a smooth operation of all voyages / TCT’s
- Be constantly up to date on market developments share such information with your team members
JUNIOR CHARTERER – Lysaker office
We are seeking a person to join our chartering team in Oslo. For this role you have minimum one year of experience in a previous chartering position, within the supra/ultra segment.
Your responsibilities include, negotiating and concluding booking of both vessels and cargos. scenario planning and working in close coordination with the operations team on voyage execution.
We can also consider fresh graduates with a degree within Maritime Studies, or alternatively candidates with experience within operations who consider a career in Chartering.
OPERATIONS MANAGER – Lysaker office
We are looking for a motivated dry bulk operations manager. We are seeking applicants with minimum 1-3 years experience, who enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are able to deal with all the challenges such a position may bring.
Your responsibility will be to manage all aspects of vessel voyages, maximize efficiency and ensuring compliance with charter party terms.
Excellent English skills are essential. Knowledge of a Scandinavian language is preferred.
We are cautious of the environmental aspects of our industry and good knowledge of HSEQ rules and guidelines is required.
Please send your application and CV via the Apply button.
For further information about Eastern Bulk Carriers please see our website: www.easternbulk.com