Bunker Procurement Manager
Role Purpose Statement
Provide bunker coverage spot and forward to operators and charterers and inform commercial and operation teams on bunkering conditions and prices. Build & execute procurement strategy.
- Purchase all bunkers worldwide.
- Plan and optimize bunkering on a daily / weekly / monthly / 60 day in coordination with operators and logistics.
- Develop physical purchasing strategies building on relations currently started and develop new ones.
- Be the daily contact with bunker brokers and traders.
- Execute all bunker contracts from entering into business system and Softmar to approving payment of invoices and monitoring credit line.
- Coordinate quality issues with technical manager
- Maintain statistics data base.
- Report and check daily overall position
- Participate to daily bunker risk management meeting to logistics and commercial meetings
- Lead the Softmar implementation on the bunker side
- Elaborate a monthly analysis of execution P and L for bunkers and MTM for cash bunker shorts and participate to the analysis of swaps PnL
Marketing and risk management
- Propose & execute bunker strategies.
- Set up INO 2020 bunkering plan.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Commercial and trading skills
- Strong knowledge of the bunkers industry (eg. purchasers)
- Risk management experience
- Overall knowledge of the industry
- EU or Swiss national a must