Crewing Manager(Based in East Russia - Yuzhno-Sakhalin)
Our client is an international maritime transportation company operating in the bulk commodity transhipment. Its assets include Bulk Vessels, Offshore Floating Terminals, Tugs, and Barges. The group is well reputed in the industry for identifying inefficiencies in the existing supply chain and providing innovating solutions to meet the demands of today’s rapid growing global markets. For over a decade they have been serving blue chip commodity companies for their bulk commodity transhipment needs. At the core of our client’s success is its dedication to exceptional quality in whatever it does and being at the cutting edge of technology be it hardware or software. It currently employs over 1000 people in four global locations.
In order to develop the organization and further strengthen its operational team in the Eastern Russia (Sakhalin Island) a highly skilled and experienced professional with a solid crewing experience and marine background is needed to be based on the site in Yuzhno, Sakhalin.
Based in East Russia (Yuzhno - Sakhalin)
Reporting to the Head of HSEQ and Crewing in Asia, you will be responsible for the full crew management of assigned number of vessels ensuring smooth operation in accordance with STCW and Flag state requirements of all officers and ratings. You will be in-charge of all crewing activities including seafarer’s employment, certification, planning and rotations, contracting, and training and development in Russia.
- Crew management: Ensure that each vessel is manned with qualified seafarers in accordance with the defined crewing and vessel policies and procedures and STCW conventions. Manage the recruitment and selection, monitor and support certification of officers, continuous engagement with new and existing officers and ratings, and establish long term planning of all seafarers’ deployment in accordance with Crewing policies and procedures.
- Crew Pool Management: In constantly growing fleet, spearhead the talent acquisition process from Russia. Specifically, identify talent requirements, setup recruitment practices that ensure a bigger and competent pool of seafarers for the growing operations. Develop relationships with universities (marine educational institutes) to build a strong pipeline of potential seafarers for future needs. Support succession planning and career advancements of seafarers in the organization.
- Relationship building: Build and maintain close relationships with employed and potential seafarers, ship’s crew and ship management team, on-shore teams and manning agents. Establish closer ties with the families of seafarers both on board and on leave.
- Manpower and budget planning: Establish and execute annual crew plans and budgets in cooperation with the management team. Oversee and approve crew wages calculation, overtime calculation, and timesheets provided by payroll support.
- Public relations: Be the face of the company in the Russia and neighboring region providing competent seafarers for the vessel operations.
You have a seagoing experience as an officer on merchant ships or a bachelor’s degree in Maritime Operations or Business Administration and excellent Crewing experience. You have at least 5 years’ crewing experience, ideally in Crewing Agency or Ship Management company and proven managerial skills. You possess excellent knowledge of international and Russian crewing regulations, social security and labour acts related to maritime employment and expertise in all aspects of general Crewing practices. You have a strong network of seafarers in Russia and passionate about developing solid long-term relationships with seafarers. You have remarkable interpersonal and organizational skills. You have experience in managing the budgetary responsibilities for crewing. You are proactive and efficient in managing multiple tasks. Above all, you have native fluency in Russian language as you are willing to be based in Sakhalin.
- A key role in a growing and very successful organization
- Opportunity to show your difference in the crew management function
- Scope to think out of the box in non-traditional maritime environment
- Work with owners and managers who genuinely believe that quality and people are the key differentiators
Please send an updated resume and a motivation letter at email@example.com . Please also sharing your expected salary and availability in your motivation letter. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential. For a confidential discussion, you can set up a time with Krishan Sharma or Subhash Nair via same email address.
Comaea Consulting is exclusively and retained search partner for this recruitment and selection mandate with the client.
Comaea Consulting Pte. Ltd.
EA License No: 15C7642
Reg. ID : R1331075