Commercial Director (m/f/d)
With immediate effect we are looking for a highly motivated person to lead our Commercial team consisting of the Chartering, Operations and Post-fixture division.
You will be joining an experienced Commercial team of 11 colleagues in the office in South Germany/ Bavaria and be overall responsible for the employment and operation of currently 16 bulk carriers from 30,000 to 76,000 DWAT to which another two vessels will be added in the course of this year. Other fleet management disciplines are in-house as well.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Following the shipping market developments and analyze employment options for the managed vessels
- Sourcing optimal shipping solutions
- Create and promote new business
- Develop and manage cargo and tonnage opportunities and provide intelligent freight guidance
- Voyage and/or time charter calculations including associated tasks
- Negotiations and fixing of cargo orders and CoAs for employment of the managed ships with subsequent follow up of administration work
- Negotiations and fixingof market vessels for in-house or market cargoes with subsequent follow up of administration work
- Overlooking and guiding the Operations and Postfixture tasks
- Cooperation with other department heads and deputies to achieve the department and the company goals
- HR tasks within Commercial department, e.g. appraisal meetings, strengthen working atmosphere and team spirit
- At least 15 years’ experience in dry cargo chartering of handy size vessels (experience in Panamax and other bulk market segments is advantageous)
- Full German working rights / permits
- Excellent verbal and written English and excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Soft skills in communication, team work, problem solving, resilience, negotiation, critical and analytic thinking and interpersonal skills
- Experience as department head or deputy would be an advantage
Remuneration will be competitive based on your background and experience.
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents (including CV and evidence of qualifications) including possible entrance date and salary expectations by email to email@example.com until June 15, 2019.
If you have any questions please contact:
Mr. Markus Hiltl, Managing Director
or Human Resources Department
Phone: +49 9622 84800 (switchboard)
MINSHIP Shipmanagement GmbH & Co. KG
Am Ruttmann Kai 1