Master Mariner/Marine Warranty Surveyor, London
Our client is a top consultancy based in London who are looking for an experienced Master Mariner to join their team. This role will involve working alongside highly experienced mariners, naval architects and marine engineers providing marine warranty surveying and other marine advisory services.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to use their practical experience from being at sea in order to help our clients to manage their risks in preparation for and during what are often high-profile marine projects.
Purpose of the role:
Working within a dedicated team of master mariners, naval architects and marine engineers, the role is a senior position to be based in London and will involve a balance between office based work and site and offshore attendances, which will be mainly UK, near Continent and occasionally worldwide basis. The role offers a challenging and varied workload including marine warranty surveying, marine assurance, vessel inspection and other marine advisory services.
The position will require travel, sometimes at short notice, to attend for surveys, inspections and client meetings.
Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- To be a certified Master Mariner (Unlimited STCW II/2 CoC)
- Sea-going experience as Master or Chief Officer in the offshore oil, gas and/or renewable energy industries.
- Experience in rigid pipelay and flexible lay would be an advantage
- Experience in heavy lift, DP, anchor handling, rig moving, towage or supply operations
- Strong knowledge of Marine Warranty operations
- Up to date knowledge of regulatory marine requirements, industry standards, practices, guidelines and methodologies
- Capable of producing high quality documentation in the form of technical reports
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of team