Our client is an international tanker shipping company, looking for an experienced operator / demurrage analyst to join their team in Singapore.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Calculate and invoice all demurrage incurred for each voyage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the governing charter party
- Negotiate effectively to pursue collections of outstanding demurrage
- Generate electronic receipt / payment reminders on all outstanding demurrage claims in accordance with the claims collection procedures
- Provide feedback on vessel’s performance to Operations Manager on matters that result in loss of time and/or off hire time.
- Develop solid relationships with customers in order to maintain smooth collection of outstanding claims, including travel when necessary
- Provide recommendation to charter parties to safeguard owners based on previous experience where owners were not protected appropriately by Charter party clauses, Master’s statements, Letters of protest, Statement of facts, etc
- Collate relevant correspondence for Legal Counsel for cases that are being passed to arbitration
- Evaluate validity of claims and remain current with regard to new rulings, changes in Charter party clauses etc. through seminars, Intertanko, other industry organizations, web review and any other source as appropriate.
To be considered for this role, you should have at least 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience in the tanker industry in either demurrage or operations team. You should be someone with excellent communication skills and has a keen eye for details.
This role is currently open to candidates based in Singapore with ready working entitlement only.