Chief Executive Officer, London
Halcyon Recruitment are delighted to present an excellent opportunity for a CEO. This fantastic, newly created position is a one-of-a-kind opportunity in the innovative area of renewable energy technology.
Our client is an established shipping expert whose technology (which has been in R&D phase for several years) has been developed from the bottom-up, enabling solutions which fit with existing ship operations. The data predictions and results (using sophisticated prediction models, land-based protypes and an R&D pilot ship) have gleaned a hugely positive reaction from the shipping market organically leading the company into the next phase of commercialisation and development. The CEO will be required to guide, lead and develop the business during this next significant and complex phase.
The Company is seeking a CEO who (in partnership with the board) will achieve the Company’s mission by setting and meeting the Company’s strategies and goals. Established in shipping for over 30 years; relationships with supply chains and installation partners across the globe already exist. Strategies relating to commercialisation and the development roadmap for the product are ready to be finalised and actioned by the new CEO.
This is a unique opportunity for a visionary and engaging leader, with ambition, drive and sound judgement to lead an innovative, pioneering Marine Technology Company.
The CEO will be responsible for the management and day-to-day operations of the Company. The Company is a small enterprise and therefore the CEO whilst having overall responsibility for the strategy and operations of the organisation, will also make a personal contribution in his/her area of expertise.
Key areas of ownership and accountability are as follows:
- Legal and Regulatory
- Health Safety and Risk
- Product Development
- Marketing and PR
Suitable candidates will be ambitious individuals who have a strong interest and commitment to new technology solutions in the maritime or renewables industry.
Candidates could be an existing CEO or an aspiring senior leader who is currently managing a significant department.
Essential Key Requirements
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated within the fields of Renewable Energy, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Naval Architecture or Business
Knowledge and Experience:
- Solid experience in synergistic industry/ company facing issues of a similar magnitude and complexity
- Proven senior leader, likely to have run a division of a larger company
- Excellent network within shipping/ renewables/ marine industry
- Experience of leadership during a period of change
- Knowledge of software solutions
- A strong track record of commercial wins and achievements
- A strong track record of creating and delivering successful strategies
- Demonstrable full suite of successful CEO attributes
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the EU without sponsorship.