Loss Prevention Manager, London
Spinnaker Global has partnered with a P&I Club in search for a Loss Prevention Manager for their office in London.
This exciting opportunity will primarily be to provide technical and maritime subject matter expertise for their Loss Prevention Department.
The main will be to write and review articles and guidance to be published by the Association to raise awareness of safety issues and risk insights on a range of maritime matters.
Conduct causal analyses of individual or grouped claims incurred by the Association’s Members in order to identify systemic causes, trends and areas of risk. These may include;
• Reviewing claims and incident information, including relevant data and reports.
• Conducting visits to Members, including their manning and technical offices and ships, in order to gather evidence in support of the causal analysis.
• Attending meetings with relevant industry organisations to gather information related to the identified areas of risk.
• Preparation of formal written reports, including conclusions and formal recommendations.
• Identification of lessons learnt for sharing with Members and other stakeholders.
Added to this, you would be supporting the Loss Prevention department by assisting with the following;
• Preparing and presenting technical seminars for Members and their employees, including seafarers, shore-based managers and superintendents.
• Conducting office-based Management Reviews of Members and/or their appointed Managers to assess the organisational issues integral to the safe operation of their ships.
• Conducting routine visits to Members to represent the Association in a professional manner, while promoting and discussing areas of Loss Prevention activity.
When it comes to experience you will need to have sailed as Master or Senior Officer, or in a professional shore side role. You will need to have practical operational experience of various ship types and cargoes, preferably including dry cargo ships and finally you must have excellent written communication skills e.g. for articles etc.
EU entitlement is essential
If this role sounds of interest to you, then why not contact me for a confidential discussion to find out more on +441702 480 142.