Vessel Operations Coordinator
Koch Shipping Pte Ltd. located in Singapore with an office in Houston, TX is the marine transportation group of Koch Supply & Trading. As a Vessel Operations Coordinator (VOC), you will be part of a team that directly supports supply and trading activities involving physical movements of cargo over the water. The VOC role is by nature fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging. In order to be successful in this role, an individual must be able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances, must be accurate and timely in their communications, and must be comfortable in a culture that expects challenge and debate. In addition, this role involves support of world-wide operations that operate continuously and in multiple time zones. This position is based in Houston, TX
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Optimize vessel and voyage performance
• Work directly with traders, charterers, ship owners, scheduling personnel, and others to provide tanker and commercial operations expertise in areas such as:
• Assessing vessel and voyage capability • Assessing risk associated with a specific vessel use
• Interacting with in-transit vessels as necessary to help achieve a desired voyage outcome
What You Will Need: Basic Qualifications:
• Employment sailing as an oil tanker deck officer
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, related work experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive and good problem-solving skills – ability to identify potential issues and propose solution
• Strong analytical skills What Will Put You Ahead?
• Experience scheduling / coordinating chemical / oil tanker marine vessel movements or operations
• Sea time sailing as Chief Mate or Master on a chemical /oil tank vessel
• Experience using Veson IMOS This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Want to learn more about KS&T?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf