ExxonMobil Corporation is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. With activities in nearly all countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with an expert talented and diverse workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology.
Our people are analytical, result-oriented and focused on getting the best results working as one team. They thrive in our company culture: open, with an international mindset and down to earth. Our hands-on approach, job rotation system, regular training and long-term focus enable our people to learn and develop their talents continuously. The acquired skills and knowledge will help them to become our future generation of managers and leaders.
Do you have a passion for chartering? Do you want to be part of a dynamic commercial team that manages day to day chartering activities? Are you able to negotiate spot charters as well as to develop long term marine strategies?
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Charterer to work with a broad team of Traders, Operators and Planners to support ExxonMobil’s global movements of Fuels, Lubes, Chemicals and Bitumen. We manage over 5000 marine movements per year over inland and international waterways and we optimize the supply chain to our customers using a strong network of oil production and storage facilities across Europe. It is thanks to the daily engagement of our teams that retail stations, refineries, lubricants and chemical plants remain operational. We constantly seek optimizations to provide the highest value whilst safeguarding operational excellence and customer satisfaction.
The Chartering position is based in our headquarters in Machelen, Belgium, close to Brussels Airport, highways and easily reachable by public transport. ExxonMobil provides a free shuttle service between various train stations, the airport and the office
- Negotiate CoA and Time Charters (T/C)
- Engage in out-chartering activities in order to optimize T/C employment
- Analyze freight markets, develop and advise long term marine strategies
- Actively participate in areas of market intelligence, shipping trends and regulatory changes
- Advise various stakeholders on freight rates, marine projects, contracts, secundaries
- Review marine terms in supply contracts to safeguard ExxonMobil’s position
- Develop working relationships with key Owners, charterers, brokers, agents and service providers
- You hold a Master’s degree in Maritime Management, Supply Chain Management, Economics
- You have minimum 5 years of Chartering experience
- If you have work experience in Marine Operations that will be an advantage
- You are able to work in a fast paced environment, and you are able to multitask and set priorities.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and you have the ability to collaborate within a multi-cultural environment to develop innovative solutions for day-to-day challenges
- You are fluent in English (Dutch and French are a plus)
- You have affinity for analysis and advanced knowledge of tools such as Excel, Tableau is a plus
- You like to take initiative and you are able to train and influence others without formal authority
- You have a customer focus, you are eager to learn and you easily adapt to changes in the work environment