- Maxima Shipping is a well-established Commercial Time Charter Operator based in Athens / Marousi.
Job Description (Commercial/Freight trader)
Company invites professionals with the qualifications outlined below to apply for the position of the Commercial/Freight Trader to further strengthen the existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for covering the spot/ medium term Physical Handysize to Supramax market and initiating/executing chartering/freight trading plans. The role includes following up on executed trades to ensure timely and accurate performance.
More detailed Requisites
- Previous experience of minimum 7 years in a similar role with strong understanding of shipping fundamentals and basic credit risk management. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in freight trading and chartering with good working knowledge of charter parties (both voyage and timecharter).
- Strong relationships in the industry and more specifically in dry bulk commodities.
- Entrepreneurial ability, analytical and numerate capabilities, basic knowledge of futures.
- Able to identify / execute on opportunities.
- Fluency in English and IT system literacy.
- Proven ability to work efficiently as a team member, eager to develop.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, along with a systems oriented personality.
- University degree in Shipping/Marine Transportation or other shipping related field is preferred.
- Customer focus and engagement skills.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiator
- Good problem solving and decision-making ability
All applications will be treated as Private & Confidential.