Is big data and high-level analytical work your passion? Are you driven by the opportunity to influence the strategic development in an international shipping company? Ultrabulk A/S is looking for a talented Business Analyst to join our Business Intelligence function.
As a talented and ambitious Business Analyst at Ultrabulk A/S, you will provide high-quality analytical and financial sparring to our business unit Ultrabulk A/S. In this role, you will create business insights by structuring large amounts of financial and non-financial data into business relevant analyses that support strategy and decision making. You will have a broad variety of strategically important tasks within the company. The main deliverables and responsibilities will include to:
- Prepare material for board meetings
- Conduct exposure management
- Learn and understand how to use Ultrabulk’s data resources
- Conduct deep dive analysis of business challenges
- Submit conclusions and recommendations to senior management and key stakeholders that will help shape decisions
- Make ad hoc analysis on own initiative or on request from the business
- Suggest the business impact of the trends to enable decisions based on available data
Furthermore, we expect you to challenge existing analyses and suggest new ways of looking at our business with the purpose of delivering increased value and drive business performance.
“Shipping and Ultrabulk in particular is on an exciting journey to leverage data to improve decision making. In this role you will be close to the commercial team, understanding their needs and challenges and deliver relevant analysis and reporting to improve performance of the commercial result”, says Head of Business Intelligence, Oskar Fabricius.
To succeed in the job
The work environment is top priority so the right candidate will be one who can contribute to the positive social atmosphere in a team. You thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and have an outstanding work ethic and integrity. We expect that you:
- Have minimum 5 years of experience within the shipping industry, either on the commercial or support side
- Have a very strong interest in big data and possess high-level analytical skills
- Have an education within finance for example from Copenhagen Business School with good results
- Are skilled in conveying complex results in a simple manner
- Are independent and a self-starter who can proactively identify the core of the business needs and challenge the status quo
- Have a sense of urgency and at the same time excellent attention to detail - without missing the overall picture
- Appreciate working in a multicultural environment; with English as our corporate language, fluency in English is a prerequisite
- Have excellent MS Office skills, in particular Excel (Superuser)
We offer a competitive salary which will reflect your experience and qualifications, as well as an attractive benefits package. Furthermore, we believe in freedom with responsibility, flexibility and we focus on creating a good work-life balance for our colleagues.
In Ultranav Denmark, we are convinced that an optimal working environment requires an exceptional social atmosphere across all departments and companies. As an employee you will have the opportunity to join a running club, participate in the DHL run, enjoy the Friday breakfast event, and take part in other exciting social events and festivities throughout the year. In addition to all this, we offer health insurance, a discount agreement with SATS and in-house massage.
Please submit your application via the 'apply' button as soon as possible and no later than 25 September 2020. We will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis, so do not wait until the deadline. Your application will be treated with confidence, and any notifications from us will be sent to the email address you have provided.