Commercial Analyst Small Dry (London)
We are looking for a hardworking, self-motivated and confident team member with a strong academic background and excellent communication and commercial skills to join our Analyst team in London.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years commercial experience in either S&P or chartering of small dry bulk carriers (including but not limited to single decker, tweendecker, general cargo, MPP, MPP Heavy lift and small handysize bulkers) as well as possess strong analytical skills, the ability to work well under pressure, problem solve, have contacts in the relevant markets and be confident communicating with team members and management. There will be an opportunity as the role progresses to travel at home and abroad.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Improving our data and analytics in the small dry sector
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of the current Shipping Sale and Purchase Market, Charter Market and General Market trends globally. Using your market contacts to uncover hidden market data (i.e. sales, charters, rumours)
- Compile, update and maintain all current market information into internal database.
- Assisting the London analyst team in the development of new products
- Provide day to day analytical support to the VesselsValue sales team
- Acting as subject matter expert in sales meetings and online demonstrations to support the VV sales process
- Responding to client queries regarding the VesselsValue system and methodology.
- Attending sales meetings and shipping conferences, with possibility for public speaking
- Provide introductions to potential clients to the sales team
- Creating market review presentations
- Writing relevant analytical stories for the press and newsletters to support marketing & PR
- Liaising with the research teams to ensure best quality data maintenance by them
Key skills required:
- A minimum of 2 years’ S&P or chartering xperience specific to small dry sector.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Lateral thinking/opportunity spotting/innovative ideas
- Strong communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to deal effectively with clients and having a strong work ethic to do whatever it takes to produce results.
- Strong commercial skills and industry contacts
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft office skills including competent excel as a minimum (pivot tables, formula etc)
- Knowledge/experience of the maritime sector
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with multiple teams
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience and qualifications.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter as soon as possible to email@example.com