Ship Manager - Hong Kong
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are among the most carbon efficient companies in our segment of the shipping industry. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a large fleet of over 200 ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises about 3,900 seafarers and over 345 shore staff in 12 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
SHIP MANAGER - HONG KONG
- Class 1 Marine Engineer Certificate;
- 5-years’ experience as Chief Engineer on geared bulk carriers;
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience as Ship Manager/Technical Superintendent of geared bulk carriers or Class surveyor;
- Experienced in dry-docking, surveys, repairs and resolving technical issues;
- Good command of written and spoken English with communication and computer skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment both in the office and on board the vessels;
- Willing to travel, train and provide adequate and prompt shore based technical support 7 days a week for safe operation of vessels trading worldwide mainly to USA/Australia and Europe with PRC, Filipino, Russian or Ukrainian seafarers on board.
- Manage 6 geared bulk carriers engaged on worldwide trading reporting to the Fleet Manager;
- Monitor/Control the day to day safe operation of allocated vessels promptly and cost effectively;
- Render adequate shore based technical support to vessels in a timely manner;
- Plan and arrange repairs, surveys and maintain vessels’ Class and Statutory Certificates;
- Carry out routine management inspections of vessels and identify potential issues affecting their operation; and guide crew with solutions;
- Maintain vessels to comply with required international and Company safety, pollution prevention and other operational standards;
- Ensure maintenance procedures are followed as per standard Company policy;
- Schedule dry docking and major repairs;
- Guide and mentor ship staff in conjunction with Fleet Personnel team.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your business performance, but also on the basis of your business behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Attractive remuneration and good benefits will be offered to the chosen candidate. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only accept CVs in pdf format. (Application deadline: 26 November 2020)
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.