Star Bulk Carriers Corp is seeking a dry cargo freight trader to be based in Athens or Singapore.
- Identifies, secures and hedges spot and forward cargoes for the company’s fleet of head owned and time chartered in vessels
- Understands clearly all MTM, Risk, MTM & Risk related measures, P&L, P&L related impacts and own book management.
- Is proactive, effectively prioritizing and executing daily tasks together with the respective teams in Europe in a high-pressure environment.
- Actively contributes to the in-house research analysis.
- Operates within a cross cultural team environment and maintains a team spirit using strong interpersonal skills.
- University degree in Chartering, Marketing, Economics or any relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years in freight trading / chartering / ship-operating of supramax and / or panamax size vessels.
- Knowledge and relationships on grain / minerals' movements from / to the Pacific and Indian Ocean.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Good command of Asian languages will be an asset.
- Strong MS Excel skills, data science and statistics skills.
- Ability to cooperate and work with different cultures and time differences.