Senior Operations Executive - London
Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are among the most carbon efficient companies in our segment of the shipping industry. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a large fleet of over 200 ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises about 3,900 seafarers and over 345 shore staff in 12 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
SENIOR OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE - LONDON
- University graduate - preferably in Shipping subjects;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant maritime experience and experience in dry bulk voyage and post fixture work operations is a must;
- Experience of laytime and hold cleaning requirements from dirty to clean cargoes;
- Good understanding of CP’s and BL’s, operational voyage planning, the IMSBC code, stowage plans and ability to optimize cargo intake;
- Able to monitor and recognise factors affecting the P&L;
- Reliable team player, able to work effectively across desk and time zones in an international organization;
- Previous experience with maritime business software systems, such as IMOS is a must;
- Customer focused with strong analytical skills;
- Energy and creativity needed in a fast-pace international environment.
- Operate 8 to 9 vessels;
- Liaise with charterers, shippers, brokers, agents, port authorities, ship’s Master/crew, supercargoes and other service providers as required both in load and discharge ports;
- Work closely and maintain strong relationships among relevant customers’ in order to meet Charter Party requirements and to grow the business;
- Oversee cargo hold cleaning, calculate optimal cargo uplifts, manage relationships with stevedores, handle stevedore and cargo damage claims;
- To establish and maintain close links with regional consultant Port Captains who are capable of adding value when required;
- Good working knowledge of the IMSBC code.
- Willingness to work remotely from home if required.
If you are selected, you will be continuously assessed not only on the basis of your business performance, but also on the basis of your business behavior. Cultural fit and adherence to Company values is of paramount importance. Attractive remuneration and good benefits will be offered to the chosen candidate. Please apply with a full résumé, salary expectation and contact details to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only accept CVs in pdf format. (Application deadline: 14 March 2021)
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.